Dear Nurse Colleagues
In the last few years, the Nurse Programme at ECE has gone from strength to strength and this has been proven by the increased attendance. We have worked very closely with the German Endocrine Nurses Group and are delighted to invite you to attend the exciting Nurse Programme for ECE2016 which will take place between Saturday 27 and Monday 29 May.
Our programme will start on Saturday 27 May with a half-day pre-congress Nurse Course on Secreting Pituitary Tumours which will also offer instant translation of sessions into German.
We also have a dedicated Nurse Programme during ECE2016 with two scientific symposia on Neuroendocrine Tumours and Adrenal Insufficiency and a professional development session with ample opportunities for networking. Please also attend our Nurse e-Poster presentations on Tuesday 31 May.
Last years' sessions are available to watch here.
It is also a great pleasure to inform you that once again the congress registration fees for nurses will be substantially reduced to just €150 Euros. To join the ESE Nurses Network please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or become an ESE member for a reduced rate for nurses at just €35 Euros annually. Please visit the ESE Nurses website http://www.ese-hormones.org/about/committees/nurses.aspx to find out about other membership benefits.
We are extremely pleased to announce that this year we have been successful at obtaining an unrestricted educational grant from our Pharmaceutical Sponsors to support up to 25 nurses with a €400 Euros travel grant towards their attendance at the ECE pre-congress Nurse Course on Pituitary Secreting Tumours on Saturday 28 May. The travel grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis and can be used towards your expenses for this course. You will also need to be an ESE Member to be eligible for a travel grant. Please use the links below to apply the Nurse Travel Grant and to become an ESE member (annual membership rate for nurses is €35 Euros).
ECE Nurse Programme
SATURDAY - 28 May: 12:00 – 17:10
ECE pre-congress Endocrine Nurses Course - The care of the patient with secretory pituitary tumours
To register your attendance for the Nurse pre-congress course, please email us by clicking here
12:00 – 12:50 Registration, lunch, exhibition and posters
12:50 – 13:00 Welcome, Sofia Llahana, Chair of ESE Nurses Working Group
13:00 - 14:20 Diagnosis and treatment
13:00 – 13:45 Diagnosing & treatment of Pituitary secreting tumours (Cushing, Acromegaly, Prolactinomas)
P Chanson (France)
13:45 – 14:05 The role of the endocrine nurse in the pre- and post-operative care of the patient undergoing pituitary surgery
Sandy Werner (Germany)
14:05 – 14:20 Question & Answer with the Panel
14:20 - 15:20 Case presentations
14:20 - 14:40 The nursing role in long-term follow up of a patient with Cushing’s – a case presentation.
Judith van Eck (The Netherlands)
14:40 – 15:05 The nursing role in longterm follow-up of a patient with acromegaly and in a patient with prolactinoma
Chris Yedinak (USA)
15:05 – 15:20 Question & Answer with the Panel
15:20 – 15:50 TEA/COFFEE BREAK
15:50 - 17:10 Long term follow up
15:50 – 16:10 Living with Cushing's
Stephanie Yin (UK)
16:10 – 16:30 Quality of life in patients with pituitary tumours
Meg Keil (USA)
16:30 – 16:50 Nursing educational program
Alicia Santos (Spain)
16:50 – 17:05 Question & Answers with the Panel
17:05 - 17:10 Closing remarks
SUNDAY - 29 May: 12:00 – 15:30
Clinical Symposium 1 – Meet the Nurse Expert – SUNDAY 12:00 – 13:30 (presentations 20 min + 10 min Q&A)
- Neuroendocrine tumours in children, Kate Davies (UK)
- Neuroendocrine tumours in adults, Trude Haugland (Norway)
- Genetic considerations of Neuroendocrine tumours, Kelly Behm (USA)
13:30 – 14:15 - NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
Professional development session: SUNDAY 14:15– 15:30
- Welcome and update from the ESE Nurses Working Group, Sofia Llahana (UK)
- Endocrine nurses’ role in Germany, Janina Kirchner (Germany)
- Belgian approach of the home care educational program for patients with acromegaly: crucial role of the nurse for improved patient satisfaction and adherence to the therapy - Presentation by Elisabeth Rutten (Belgium), winner of best nursing poster award for ECE 2015
- Call for Abstracts, Are you Prepared? – Meg Keil, USA
- Announcement of Best Nursing Poster Award and short presentation by winner
MONDAY - 30 May: 13:15 – 15:30
13:15 – 14:00: LUNCH
MDT Clinical Symposium 2 – MDT management of Adrenal Insufficiency (AI) – 14:00 – 15:30
- Diagnosis and management of AI and adrenal crisis, Marcus Quinkler (Germany)
- Role of the endocrine nurse in patient education and adrenal crisis management, Smadar Pahl (Germany)
- Aspects of adherence to medication in AI, Sarah Chapman (UK)
- Development and Progress of the European Adrenal Patient Network and European Emergency Steroid Card, Jette Kristensen (Denmark)
- Q&A session with the MDT Panel
We hope you will join us in Munich to share our expertise and to celebrate together the advances in Endocrine Nursing.
Chair of the ESE Nurse Working Group On behalf of the ESE Nurse Working Group, ESE Clinical Committee and ECE Programme Organising Committee